At the end of the course student should be able to:-
- General understanding on ecosystem health, management and development
- Assess and differentiate between healthy and non health ecosystems
- Understanding on how to undertake ecosystem health assessment
Concepts of ecosystem health, ecosystem health and ecological integrity, sustainable utilization of ecosystem products and services, contemporary concepts of ecosystem health, ecosystem health assessment and analysis, parameters for ecosystem health determination, risks and uncertainties in ecosystem health management, anthropogenic impacts and management of ecosystem health in relation to human development.
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment 2005. Ecosystems and Human Well-being Synthesis. Washington, D.C. Inland Press 550 pp
- Ecosystem Health and Management Journals