An applicant must be both
- a faculty of major universities WITHOUT Ph.D. degree from developing countries in Asia, Africa, South America etc.
- admitted to SNU as a Ph.D. student for the given semester
Priority is given to applicants doing exceptional work in engineering, medicine, public health, agriculture, developmental studies, Korean studies, etc.
Details of the Award
- Application Period : June for fall admission, December for spring admission
- Number of Recipients : To be announced
- Amount and Duration of Award
|Tuition||First 3 years of Ph.D. program||Full tuition fee for six semesters|
|Living Expenses||KRW 1,500,000 monthly stipend for 4 years*|
|Korean Language Training||Korean language training(only evening class during spring/fall semesters)|
|Medical Insurance||Group Medical Insurance(only for an awardee)|
|Airfare||Round trip||A round-trip airfare(economy class based on GTR system)|
The scholarship is renewable up to a maximum six(6) semesters, contingent upon the recipient maintaining a minimum term GPA of 3.0.
Scholarship recipients must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA for graduates at the end of each semester to continue eligibility.
Note about Airfare
– Return: An economy class flight ticket from Korea to scholar’s home country
– Entry flight ticket will NOT be provided to scholars who have resided in Korea at the time of accepting to this program and up until the designated arrival period.
– The return flight ticket is only offered to scholars who successfully complete their degree coursework.
– The return flight is NOT offered to those who have withdrawn from the scholarship in the middle of their studies.
– Any fees domestic travel fees within a scholar’s home country are NOT covered.
– International travel insurance or any additional travel charge is NOT covered.
- SPF Application Form (including study plan)
- Certificate of Employment (as a faculty member)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean of Affiliated College at SNU
- Video Link(Research and Teaching Achievements, Study Plan, Goals after Graduation)
- - Students could submit video file using the specified method(Vimeo, Youtube)
- - Presentations are limited to 5 minutes and competitors exceeding 5 minutes are disqualified.
- Candidates with the Recommendation Letter from the Dean or President of your current university are given preference.
- Tel: 82-2-880-2519