Welcome to the College of Forestry,Wildlife and Tourism of Sokoine university of Agriculture, in Morogoro, Tanzania. The College has highly trained and competent staff in fields of forestry, wildlife and natural resources management in the country and within the sub-Saharan region. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs with students coming from across the country, other African countries and beyond the continent.
Applications are hereby invited for admission into Higher Degrees at College of Forestry, Wildlife and Tourism (CFWT), Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) for the academic year 2019/2020. Candidates for Master and PhD Degree programmes with course work are admitted once every year for an academic year that starts in October of each year. Candidates for PhD by research only may apply and be admitted at anytime of the year. Successful candidates will be notified immediately after consideration and approval is made and they will be expected to embark on studies in October, 2019. Candidates meeting the prescribed minimum qualifications are invited to apply for admission.
The following are the Master and PhD degree programmes tenable at College of Forestry, Wildlife and Tourism, Sokoine University of Agriculture:
Master Degree Programmes
- MSc. Forestry
- MSc. Management of Natural Resources for Sustainable Agriculture
- MSc. Wildlife Management and Conservation
- MSc. Ecosystems Science and Management
- MSc. Agroforestry
- MSc. Forest Resources Assessment and Management
- MSc. Forest Products and Technology
- MSc. Environmental and Natural Resources Economics
- MSc. Forest Engineering
PhD Degree Programmes
PhD degree programmes by Research and Thesis are offered in all departments of the College of Forestry, Wildlife and Tourism (Department of Ecosystems and Conservation; Department of Wildlife Management; Department of Tourism and Recreation; Department of Forest Engineering and Wood Sciences, Department of Forest Resources Assessment and Management and Department of Forest and Environmental Economics). Applications for PhD by Research and Thesis are received throughout the year and studies can commence at any time of the year once admission is granted.
GENERAL MINIMUM ADMISSION QUALIFICATIONS
Master Degree Programmes
- A candidate shall either hold an undergraduate degree with GPA of at least 2.7 of SUA or a qualification from an approved institution of higher learning with a GPA of 2.7.
- Candidates with Pass degree will be considered for admission if their undergraduate performance in the proposed subject of study was a B grade average or above.
- Candidates with Pass degree will also be considered for admission if they have satisfied the College Postgraduate Studies Committees that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive fieldwork/research experience of at least three years and/or additional professional development courses of duration of at least three months.
- Master degree programmes are tenable for two years for full time students. In the case of fulltime students, the first year is dedicated for coursework, while the second year is for research and dissertation writing
PhD Degree Programmes
Applicants for PhD programmes should possess Master's degree of SUA or relevant Master's degree of equivalent standing from another approved university in the relevant field. Applicants should submit a research concept note along with the application documents. PhD studies by Research only are tenable for two and half to four years and for 3 to 4 years for studies by Research and coursework, respectively. The duration for part time students is a maximum of six years.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND PAYMENT
Candidates can apply for admission into SUA degree programmes through either of the two options
- Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications are scheduled as follows:
- Normal application without penalty: 31st May 2019
- b) Late Application with penalty: 30th September 2019
In all programmes, female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
For further information, please contact
Directorate of Postgraduate studies, Research, Technology Transfer and Consultancy
Sokoine University of Agriculture,
P.O. Box 3151, Chuo Kikuu,
Telephone: +255 023-2640013,
Fax: +255 023 2640013
COLLEGE OF FORESTRY, WILDLIFE AND TOURISM,
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE
P.O BOX 3009