Jamal Firmat Banzi
Department: Tourism and Recreation
P.O. Box: 3167
Phone: +255 675 074 047
Computer vision and Pattern Recognition,Artificial intelligence and Deep learning,Digital image Processing.
Jamal Firmat Banzi received bachelor’s degree of science in information systems from University of Dodoma, Tanzania in 2011. He worked as a tutorial assistant for some months before he joined Tianjin University of Technology and Education China on September 2012 for his further studies. He obtained master’s degree of science in signal and information processing engineering, Tianjin University of Technology and Education in 2015 and on the same year he joined Sokoine university of Agriculture to serve as Assistant lecturer.
His research interests include computer vision and pattern recognition, artificial intelligence and Deep Learning, computer assisted transformation of tourism industry (e-tourism).
Master's of Science in Signal and Information Processing Engineering, Tianjin University of Technology and Education,P.R China-2015
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems,University of Dodoma, Tanzania-2011
- Computer vision and pattern recognition
- Artificial intelligence and Deep learning
- Digital image processing
- Computer based tourism (e-tourism)
Projects prior to SUA
- Designing and developing pharmacy information systems –Dodoma 2011
- DCT based Iris recognition system- Tianjin china ,2013
- Computer vision based diagnosis of Diabetes- Beijing China, 2014-2015
GRANTS AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Master's thesis award,Tianjin University of technology and education. Tianjin China.
- Best oral presentation- International conference on information and intelligent computing Hongkong 2014.
Jamal Banzi, Zhongfu Ye and Isack Bulugu , A Novel Hand Pose Estimation Using Dicriminative Deep Model and Transductive Learning Approach for Occlusion Handling and Reduced Discrepancy , IEEE,2016,accepted.
2. Isack Bulugu, Zhongfu Ye and Jamal Banzi, Finger estimation method for hand gesture recognition, Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science, 2016, accepted.
3. An automatic non-contact and real time early detection of diabetes mellitus by computer vision. The 3rd International conference on information and intelligence computing (ICIIC 2014), Hong Kong, China.
4. A Sensor Based Anti-Poaching System in Tanzania National Parks, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2014 1 ISSN 2250-3153.
5. Detecting Morphological nature of cancerous cell using image processing Algorithms, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 12, December 2013 1 ISSN 2250-3153.
6. Improving Distance throughput of ultra-violet communication, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (JDCTA), Volume 7, Number 11, July 2013
RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY